Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Include the Solid Food!

So, my daughter just started eating solid foods this morning --kind of. Actually, it was more of a "mom-tries-to-push-spoon-o-rice-cereal-into-baby's-mouth" kind of thing. Elizabeth wasn't exactly cooperative with the whole let's-try-a-new-food-and-not-make-a-huge-mess thing. She was okay with the first couple of spoonfuls of cereal at first, but then decided that enough was enough. Maybe it was because I grabbed our camera to take pictures of her messy-self, but obviously Elizabeth hasn't quite mastered the skill of multi-task and can't eat and be a supermodel at the same time. Oh well. It was a start, though. It might have helped if I had a
high-chair, but we'll work on that later. Tonight, we move on to round two with the cereal, and this time, her daddy will be there. After she does get used to her cereal, we'll move onto vegetables and later, fruit. I think she'll appreciate the fruit more than anything. However, right now, we'll just take things slow. Her father is allergic to poultry, seafood, and beans --so, I don't want to rush solid food too much. If Elizabeth turns out to be allergic to beef and pork, Tyrone will have to quit his automotive career and take up buffet restaurant management or something. There's no way I'm cooking three different meals every night. Then again, Elizabeth may never have allergies, and I'd have someone to make runs to KFC with. That's in the future, though. Right now, we'll stick to rice cereal and a lot of paper towels.

2 comments:

GatesGang said...

tyrone seems to make a great dad i've been wondering what he's up to since school.

rneweyfamily said...

hi, I graduated with Tyrone, anyway, my son wouldn't eat cereal either. He hated it. In fact, he wouldn't eat much of any solids from me, he just wanted to nurse. It went much better if I just left the room and let daddy feed him. I think I mostly ended up making my own baby food because he wouldn't eat the store bought stuff. Good luck!