
Call us cheap -whatever, but we didn't get Elizabeth an Easter basket for her first Easter...Instead, I colored a used ice cream bucket with markers and called it her Easter bucket. She won't care, of course, until she's a teenager and tries to use that bit of information against her parents to win cash for a night out with friends. So, for Elizabeth's first Easter, the Easter Bunny left her some plastic eggs to play with and a new, yellow rubber duck. Tyrone and I shared the bucket with the princess. I got a carrot-shaped bag of
Reese's Pieces, and Tyrone got a
Carmello bunny. Elizabeth especially liked her new rubber duck.

3 comments:
Oh, my gosh, I am dying! I made a basket out of a cereal box this year for Kimber and we got her rubber duckies! Ha ha! Must be the last name...
Ayda's "basket" was a... dang, what was it? I wasn't there when she found it (they hid it so she could go search for it) so I missed out on the festivities. Dang stubborn Grandpa couldn't wait for me to get there. Lame. Anyway - no worries. I think Ayda's was in a bucket - yes! It was the bucket we used the handle from to make the boning in your nursing apron! Crazy... :) So no worries. :)
You're not the only cheap one...We bought some cheap buckets last year, and used them again this year. I even saved the plastic eggs and grass...and we'll use them all again next year. Our kids are old enough to remember, so we have to come up with some excuse for why the easter bunny uses the eggs we already have. sheesh...
Post a Comment