Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Can I Get A Halleluiah Chorus!?!

I finally discovered it: the secret to getting Elizabeth to eat solid food. after two-and-a-half months of trying, I finally found something she will eat!
***CANTALOUPE***
Who knew? The squirt stuck a piece in her mouth when I was trying it out with her, and she stopped suddenly, gave a big smile, and was hooked. She loves cantaloupe! She even took it from a spoon when I cut it up really tiny and offered it to her. She even took it from my hand. She never did that before.
Needless to say, I'm stoked and feeling highly encouraged. Last night at dinner, I fed Elizabeth some baby food squash, and she ate it. Today at lunch, I gave her some applesauce, and she at that too! She now opens her mouth and doesn't spit everything out. It's like feeding a baby!
I'm hoping this isn't just a fluke and that Elizabeth will continue her new-found eating habits. Tonight, I think I'll even try mixing some oatmeal cereal in with her food. So, just for the record, Elizabeth now eats: cheerios, bread, crackers, bananas, cantaloupe, squash, applesauce, carrots, and green beans. --Or, at least she's tried the latter foods.

No comments: