Anyway, here are some pictures of our most recent goings on...
We try to go to the park several days each week. Elizabeth LOVES to be outside and play where other kids are. One Saturday, Tyrone got to come with us. We go in the mornings before things get too hot. There's also a splash park here in town. However, every time I have taken Elizabeth there, she's been more interested in the park play area than the water fountains and all the water play park has to offer. She'd rather run around and go down a slide, I guess.
I decided that it would be cheaper to make our bread rather than buy the amount we eat each month. Homemade bread makes the best toast anyway. Last time I attempted this "mom" thing, the bread was flat and not cool. This time, the loaves all turned out nicely. I was so proud of myself that I took a picture.....I think I need to get out more... :)
So, Elizabeth loves spaghetti. She was "starving" for dinner one night so I gave in early and let her at some leftovers. Tyrone and I were watching a movie, so Elizabeth's dinner went unsupervised. She usually does just fine. The dining and living rooms are open to each other, so we can keep an eye on her. However, this particular dinner she managed to be quiet and sneaky enough to do what you see in the picture here. Every time I looked over at her, she was eating and appeared to be fine. But, when I went clean her up the food was EVERYWHERE: floor, hair, behind/in ears, all over the high chair, on her legs, and in other places of the dining room that I have no idea how she got them there. Needless to say she went straight to the bath tub after this.

6 comments:
I agree about Idaho not having air conditioning...way annoying!!! It got up to 100 degrees yesterday for crying out loud. We constantly have fans running in the house. We're still living in the same house just going to a family ward. I saw Danielle Gurr yesterday and she said you guys were going to a family ward also.
We've been through the Idaho no AC summers :) The only thing that helps is to close all the windows and shades as tightly as possible as soon as you wake up in the morning. Then, let all the cool night air in later with fans. People always thought we had AC :)
Elizabeth is so cute and her look has changed so much from the last time that I saw her, I am still trying to figure out who she looks like. Your bread looks amazing. I kinda want some...
Yeah its pretty hot out, living in a basement is a little better, than is if you don't mind the lack of view. Great to have an update! Making bread would probably be cheaper for us too, but it never stores well, its always great on the first day, but stale after that. So we stick with the store. Funny with the spaghetti! She's just being devious!
I'm so proud of you baking bread! That's a feat I haven't the guts to tackle yet. *sigh* We go through a lot of bread, too, especially with Ayda loving peanut butter and jelly. Okay, so it's jam. Point being, I'm kind of tired of buying so much bread. You're awesome. I have a great wheat bread recipe, by the way if you'd like it. I'm jealous of your ambition. And Anna and I still can't figure out how you keep your house so tidy. It still perplexes us.
That bread looks so yummy! I made some the other day (for the first time in, like 6 months) and it didn't turn out nearly so beautiful.
The good thing about Idaho summers is that it cools down at night. (Open the windows at night!) In Quincy it would sometimes get down to 90...one summer with no AC was more than enough for me!!
I can't tell you the number of times I've cleaned up similar spaghetti messes. What is it about spaghetti? Just because it looks like hair doesn't mean it belongs there!
Post a Comment