Sunday, August 2, 2009

Picture Time!

We took Elizabeth's 1-year photos earlier this summer, but because they took so long to print, we never got them out to the grandparents until a week or so ago. (If any of the grandparents read this and still haven't gotten the pictures, let us know. They were supposed to be delivered.) Technically, Elizabeth is 14-months-old in these photos. We wanted outdoor shots of her, because she is a spring baby. However, the weather here in Rexburg is too cold in May and then it rained all June. So, we did the best we can. She wouldn't stop moving, and in half the photos there's a motion blur going on with her hands or feet. We decided that that was just Elizabeth's personality showing through though. She is always on the go. I'm only posting two of her four portraits here. We put her in blue so it would contrast the outdoor colors. (I know pink would do the same job, but she looks so nice in blue and it matches her eyes. Some people think girls should always wear pink in pictures, but I disagree.) We had a difficult time getting Elizabeth to smile, because she didn't nap that afternoon thanks to Church. She was tired and the pictures were taken at sunset in order to avoid too harsh of lighting. So, the photo of her on the bench was the biggest/only smile we could get. She's just a good-looking little girl.

3 comments:

BriANDaleen said...

She is so cute! I love her cheesy smile!

Andrew and Lauren said...

Yeah, our family pictures had the same problem, a baby who just wanted to sleep! In one of them he actually was!

Andelin said...

Very cute! And I don't think anyone will mistake her for a boy in a frilly blue DRESS!!!! (and nobody will care that she's actually 2 months past her birthday.) You're right--she's just a good looking girl!