Friday, August 14, 2009

Big Mistake!

So, I thought Elizabeth --being about 16-months-old, would be able to handle sleeping without a onesie on. It's been pretty hot here at nights and we can't just open our windows. The place we live at has an auto-sprinkler system that hits the windows and house, and I'd rather not have a wet floor or window area to wipe up everyday. So, in order to help Elizabeth stay cool, lately I've been skipping the onesie when dressing her after her bedtime bath and just putting a fresh diaper and pair of pajamas on her. She seems to do just fine with it, however today's nap time proved otherwise. I don't get Elizabeth dressed for the day until after her morning nap --I think it's more comfortable to sleep in pajamas than in a pair jeans and a t-shirt. Well, I go in her room after she wakes up and start going through her dresser drawers to find her some clothes for the day, and she chats about whatever in her crib. I pick out her clothes and look up and there it is in the corner of the crib: Elizabeth's diaper. I go over to her and lift up her nightgown and see a bare bottom mooning me. She'd taken that stupid diaper off at some point during her two-hour nap time, and you can imagine the dread. What is wet?--the sheet, blankets, what clothes she has on, etc. So, out she goes to get a new diaper on and get dressed. Then, I go back to her room for damage control. Everything must go into the wash. Turns out she wet the bed in two places, so I washed her mattress up with some 409 cleaner and let it air out. Such a poptart for a daughter! The diaper she took off wasn't even very wet, so it wasn't like it was an uncomfortable super-soaker one. Oi. As punishment, she lost her blankie for the remainder of the morning (it needed to be washed anyway since it too was in the wet crib).

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thats not so bad. My oldest can udress himself onsie and all, and has multiple time. Pee is nothing. He has on multilple occasions pooped on my bed, his bed and the floor. He is a monster. We took to saftey pinning his clothes so he couldn't get them off. Now we are good. Hopefully she sticks to pee and nothing more. :-)

Andrew and Lauren said...

Nightmare!!! Bennett can take on side of his diaper off. Its hotter in Boise than in Rexburg, so we just leave him in his diaper and zip him into those Halo sleepsacks. Works so far.